Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Research Writing Studies

In terms of writing studies, I want to research the influences behind parent's choice to place their children in a regular classroom setting instead of a bilingual setting. I am currently doing my junior field experience at a bilingual classroom in Elizabeth. The total number of kids is 12 as compared to the kindergarten classroom next door which has 37 total students. Many parents wrote letters requesting that their children be removed from a bilingual education classroom and moved to the regular classroom. I find this of interest because I am an advocate of bilingual education. I would like to research the myths and misconceptions that influence these parents and their decisions to remove their children from bilingual settings. I would also like to research statistics in terms of bilingual education, the students, and the ratios around the nation.

No comments:

Post a Comment